Making Bold Statements - Red Zebra Print Tunic, Leggings & Knee High Boots

There is something about the color red on brown skin tones that just makes a bold statement like no other.  Especially when you get that perfect shade!  It is definitely in my top five must have colors for my wardrobe items.

Animal print has truly been heavy in my rotation for the past 30 days.  It is definitely a timeless print that will never go out of style, so if I see something in a good color or style I usually snatch it up.  Particularly, this Michael Kors tunic dress was a three in one score, being that is was a dress, it was red and animal print, I got three of my favorite things in one.

This outfit was simple pairing with basic essentials that I always keep on hand, long blazer, knee high boots and my favorite BCBG leggings that I just keep buying year after year.  Certain necessities you can never go wrong with having, as they can be paired with multiple pieces in your wardrobe providing you timeless and effortless style on a regular basis.

Today was a semi-cold and gloomy day in the dessert so I opted for a cozy yet sassy look to get me through the day.  I added a pop of color just to make up for no sunshine.  Sometimes you have to let your outfit provide the brightness to your day if the weather doesn't come through.  Like I always say when you look good you feel good, so if you need a boost do it through your outfit.  Here's a peek at today's OOTD.








Outfit Details
Jacket - BCBG (alternative here)
Dress - Michael Michael Kors
Leggings - BCBG
Necklace - BCBG (alternative here & here)
Boots - DV by Dolce Vita (alternative here)
Watch - Michael Kors



BrownSkinMaven

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bossy in Black - Turtle Neck, Faux Leather Skirt, Ankle Booties

Shades of Pink - Pink & Black Dress and Pink Top & Black Leather Skirt

Every day is a Special Occasion - Embroidered Skirt, Tank and Blazer