BSM Beauty Bits - What I am currently loving

So every now and again I like to update you my current beauty favorites.  Some things changes but somethings definitely remain the same.  I am a firm believer that if it ain't broke don't try to fix it, especially when it comes to cosmetics and beauty aides.  Its hard to find things that work, so when you do, the only reason to switch it up is if its discontinued!! Here's a peek at some of my favorite things.

photo courtesy of nordstrom.com

Philosophy Purity One-Step Facial Cleaner
This stuff is absolutely amazing and does what it says its gonna do.  It simplifies your facial routine by combining acting as a makeup remover, cleanser and toner.  It doesn't dry your face out and is great for all skin types.  This is my absolute favorite, tried and true cleanser.  Yes a little pricey, but worth every penny and lasts for quite awhile if you buy the big bottle.


photo courtesy of nordstrom.com

Philosophy Hope in a Jar
This is truly a miracle in a jar in my opinion.  This moisturizer is phenomenal! I truly notice a difference when I stopped using and then when I started again within days.  The key ingredient for me in this product is  lactic acid, which gently exfoliates skin to reveal smoother, healthier-looking skin.  I seriously do not have to wear make-up because of this product.  

photo courtesy of sephora.com

Make Up Forever  HD Microfinish Powder
I have combination skin so I get oily in the t-zone areas, and to keep the shine off my face all day long, this is my go to product.  It is a white powder so I just get a powder brush and dust it lightly over my face right after I apply my moisturizer.  It really is a great touch whether you wear foundation or like myself, just wear it by itself.  They have it in pressed form as well as loose form.  I prefer the loose powder, but I tend to buy the compact as well to keep in my purse for touch ups throughout the day.


photo courtesy of nordstrom.com

MAC Peachtwist Powder Blush
This blush is great on my brown skin tone.  It gives you a glow that is just right for any season.  It has a slight shimmer but its not overpowering and it allows the blush to act as a highlighter and blush at the same time!  I wear this daily with my HD powder mentioned above.

photo courtesy of Eucerinus.com

Aquaphor Healing Ointment
I have religiously been relying on this product since the beginning of this year. Prior to using this, vaseline was my go to, but once I tried this I never looked back.  This stuff is another miracle in a jar item for me.  It definitely serves many purposes, heals and helps with dry skin patches or even great for soft touchable feet.  I also put this on my lips to keep them soft and healthy looking.  If you have never tried it, you should and I promise you will see the value as well! 


Thanks for reading!


BrownSkinMaven

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bossy in Black - Turtle Neck, Faux Leather Skirt, Ankle Booties

Shades of Pink - Pink & Black Dress and Pink Top & Black Leather Skirt

Every day is a Special Occasion - Embroidered Skirt, Tank and Blazer