Another Dress Day in the City - Shift Dress and Knee High Boots

As the weather changes and we nestle into fall, with winter approaching soon, one of my favorite combos this time of year is a great shift dress and knee high boots.  There's something about it that gives this fun, sassy yet cozy feeling for the season.  Its also a quick and easy go to outfit that can be appropriate for multiple events throughout your day.  Now depending on your location you can add to the combo, by pairing some tights or leggings according to your weather conditions.  Fortunately I live in a sunny state so I have the option to still bare legs at this time.

My go to brand for a great shift dress is Laundry by Shelli Segal.  I have been a fan of her dresses for many years, as the material is a polyester/spandex blend that hangs just right.  Her dresses are very versatile, comfortable, as well as flattering which is very important when you are looking for great pieces to add to your wardrobe.  They are great to travel in as well, being that they do not wrinkle and  are very easy to pack not taking up much space at all; more great pluses in my opinion.

Boots are another absolutely favorite and must have of mind.  As I may have mentioned before, any opportunity that I get to wear boots, I don't hesitate to pull them out.  There is certain appeal that a great boot offers that can totally change the whole look of an outfit, not to mention a sexiness that is different than that of equally fabulous shoe.  A brand favorite of mine is Dolce Vita.  I happen to have a handful of great boots from them.  They are great quality, very comfortable and last me through multiple seasons.  Also if you have athletic or large calves they are definitely accommodating!

Today I paired my printed shift dress with some cognac brown boots.  Here's a peek at what I pulled together for today's OOTD.







Outfit Details

Dress - Shelli Segal (similar here)
Boots - Dolce Vita (similar here & here)

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!


BrownSkinMaven

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bossy in Black - Turtle Neck, Faux Leather Skirt, Ankle Booties

Shades of Pink - Pink & Black Dress and Pink Top & Black Leather Skirt

Every day is a Special Occasion - Embroidered Skirt, Tank and Blazer