Feeling Holiday Green - Hunter Green Dress, Black Blazer & Suede Over the Knee Boots

One of my favorite colors during this time of year is hunter green.  As the weather begins to cool and the holiday season rolls in, something about this color puts me in a warm spirit.  I can never find it as often as I like but when I do I am sure to snatch it up as it is a very flattering color on brown skin tones.

I found this great dress at the Dillard's clearance center on one of my random shopping days that I was on the hunt for something else.  I was actually looking for another dress in the same color and had no luck, but then this little Kenneth Cole number jumped out at me and I was so excited.  I love the zipper detail in the back, as it adds a nice accent to a simple body flattering dress.  Sometimes it doesn't take much to make a powerful statement and this dress does the trick.  From the color, to the detail, to the fit, I know that I found a classic and timeless piece that will have a place in my closet for awhile.

I completed this outfit with a asymmetrical front blazer and some suede over the knee boots.  Being that two of my favorite wardrobe items are jackets and boots, I can never get enough of them and always get excited at the opportunity to pull them out of hibernation.  With the temperature finally dropping in my city I am able to put these items into motion.  So you will definitely be seeing more of these combos in the near future.  But for now, take a peek at today's OOTD.








Outfit Details

Jacket - BCBG (similar here)
Dress - Kenneth Cole (other option here)
Boots - Dolce Vita (similar here)
Bracelets - Saks Off 5th Avenue 

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!



BrownSkinMaven

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bossy in Black - Turtle Neck, Faux Leather Skirt, Ankle Booties

Shades of Pink - Pink & Black Dress and Pink Top & Black Leather Skirt

Every day is a Special Occasion - Embroidered Skirt, Tank and Blazer